Valentine's Day Reflections


On October 21, 2014 My future wife and I went on our first date. Mary and I had met on the Internet. We lived about 50 miles away, but we would never have found each other without an Internet connection.

In fact, I tried to match with Maria three or four times in a dating site without success. Finally, I asked him a question. She replied. And it disappeared! However, a few weeks later, he contacted me through your friend's account on the website and gave me your contact information if you choose to communicate with her. Visit!

Therefore, we send for several weeks. Finally, she agreed to go out with me. Maria is an educated America and is very elegant. I wanted to show a bit of my world. So she agreed to come with me to a wedding officiated. It was probably a crazy plan for a day, especially if we had enjoyed together. The road was about two hours from home.

The short version is that "connect". We enjoyed talking to each other and be together.Indicators of a romantic relationship with the chances of success are: 1) "I love what I am when I am with you" 2) Lots of laughs 3) I feel safe with you Either... Obviously, she felt that the three of them, and I certainly did.'s relationship went ahead and got married five months later.

Intercultural relations bring a lot of challenges. I felt that I would be able to cope with these challenges, as long as we were both committed to the challenges and work through them. I continue to learn and I was right.

There are very large differences in our cultural backgrounds. There are things that happen in my culture and social settings that are in its offensive. Fortunately, my wife asks questions instead of assuming that people are offensive. There is also the language barrier. We have so many nuances in American English. It is an ongoing challenge for me Maria and other Americans understand.

One thing that is not easy to deal with racial prejudice are my own culture against Latinos. I sometimes shocked at my angry when people treat my wife disrespectfully because of their stupid prejudices. More racism is the result of ignorance and hatred is not driven. However, the pain caused by the ignorant thought and opinion is not different from the pain caused by hatred. In fact, it may be more painful.

Thus, Valentine's Day, I want to say how much I love Mary. And I want her to know how much I appreciate to introduce difficulties in the relationship because of our cultural and linguistic differences. And I am very grateful that she still loves me in spite of my ignorance of their Anglo peers.Happy Valentine's Day. Love continues to conquer all my love