Regrets of Wanting to Fit In

One of the things I love about where I live is my friend and neighbor , Sue. Every Sunday , we'll take a walk over 2 hours at one of the many paths to choose from in our area with our four legged best friends - Daisy and Lacey. It is a great joy to see them romp together, separated by a little, then get back together and even get together when one of them decides to sneak off track for a moment as Sue and I chatted away. Practically nanny on the other to ensure that no one enters before discovering too naughty mom.

During my walks with Sue talks are meaningless to more serious issues that allow us to explore life a little more . Halfway through our walk last conversation turned to Sue options later regretted and promised never to do it again - even though she made ​​a vow before. I agree with what he did , because it can see itself in its history to give you the comfort that we often forget how much alike we are when it comes to matters of the heart . And , if you think of someone who could be served by sharing , please do .


Sue was away at a conference of two days of work with four other female colleagues . The decisions made ​​along the way of the first, before leaving the house , the last just before leaving for the convention, held against her and make her feel worse as time passed .


What he has achieved more than half of the days have completely different intention from colleagues. She intends to get information from the workshops would help to work while their colleagues were treated as two days of paid leave . They were not really interested in all that it offers . And because of this, several key workshops will be lost along with the options of the group, which often left them late to the workshops they wanted to attend and could not reach once the doors were locked.


She even missed the first workshop was more interested in the first day, because it allows a woman to convince her to drive there together knowing that this woman is notoriously late.


After she moaned and groaned about the whole ordeal for me to fight in the way, I asked him what led him to make the decisions she made. A minute or two passed in silence as she took a deep breath and let the vulnerability comes the invitation. His answer was so simple and sincere that I found deeply admire their willingness to share with me because it was obviously difficult for her to make her voice became very shy and a little embarrassed and sound.


"I just wanted to fit in. I'm still the odd " man "in the workplace and sometimes it hurts . I do not connect with these women and I thought maybe I should try a little harder. Either a little more in the future, be part of the group, try to have fun with them, for once. whenever I am asked to join them for after work activities , I always say no because I have no interest in what they are doing and the most part frustrating was all the time there was a voice in the back of my mind that says . " Why are you doing this is not you ! Just go your way ! "


She continued : " Well, so much for listening to this voice - my guts But this trip solidified that I really do not fit with them, we do not see eye to eye they are beautiful women, but beyond .. our work together , does not work for me. "


Suing the feeling struck me in a place that felt so raw and shared among all those who always wanted to " fit in" at some point in our lives. Even though we know deep in our heart, it will not work for us .What struck me was that his actions were so out of character Sue know. Sue is a strong woman. She lives her life as she wants, and easily express your opinion really does not seem too worried about what people think of him. She has a heart of gold and wonderful limits when it comes to taking care of herself.


So to hear your experience, I remembered that no matter how emotionally strong we are, what we are ourselves, regardless of our strong commitment to our spiritual growth , there are still some of us who want to be able to "fit in " even really is not where we belong . Right now go against our gut , the voice of our genius, may still be times when the Gremlin is a little stronger and leads us in a way that does not serve the desires of our hearts or final truth.


All we have to do in the long run is to remember these moments , learn from them and do our best to do differently next time. Sue has promised never to do it again - I think. And if for some reason it does, it is okay. It remains one of the most awesomest women I know !


With blessings,Linda


Relationships are the best gift is given because they always let you know where you really are on your spiritual path and which still has to grow and open your heart to a person at a time .


If you need additional emotional support to any challenge of the relationship I am available to travel on the other side so that you can discover an inner strength bringing feelings of confidence and peace.